Sunday, March 11, 2007

On a whim, instead of heading for Adelaide for the long weekend in Victoria and Adelaide I decided to take a quick train trip to Melbourne and then a flight over to Devonport to see Sue and Ken Weslake. I spoke to Sue briefly on Wednesday and confirmed with her that I was coming. I surprised Ken when I walked in on Friday evening.
Drinks on the Balcony
Ken and I went to high school together over 40 years ago at Marion High in Adelaide.
Ken and  I at Edwardstown in about 1967
We tried to replicate this image that is over 40 years old we think.
Ken and  I at Devonport in 2007
Ken and Stephen
We had a great weekend with trips to Launceston, Sheffield
Sheffield Mural
Steam traction Engine
and Penguin as well as Burnie. This lighthouse is at Mersey Bluff,Devonport.
Mersey lighthouse
I enjoyed my first ever trip to Tasmania and am already planning a return visit soon.

No comments: