Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Big day today! My household 'stuff' finally arrived from Darwin, via Melbourne. Just goes to show I did not really need most of it having lived out of suitcases for nearly two months.
Its one more removal of connections with Darwin. It looks like my unit at Karama has sold.

However having said that I am looking fowarding to meeting many of my CDU friends, Kaye, Karen, Jessie, Jayshree and my previous Associate Director, Anne at Information Online.
I am keen to hear Diana G. Oblinger speak. She was an editor of Educating the Net Generation
Its an e-Book Its available online at this link .
Her abstract for the conference reads well:
Listening to What We're Seeing -
'One student walks across campus listening to an iPod; another is engrossed in text messaging on her cell phone. During class, they're Googling, IMing and playing games - often at the same time. More likely to use the library as a gathering place than a resource, this is the Net Generation. They co-exist beside older students who are juggling work, childcare and eldercare. Although we see them daily, do we understand our learners? What do their experiences, attitudes and expectations mean for educational institutions? '

No comments: